MONDE-HISTOIRE-CULTURE GÉNÉRALE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
MONDE-HISTOIRE-CULTURE GÉNÉRALE

Vues Du Monde : ce Forum MONDE-HISTOIRE-CULTURE GÉNÉRALE est lieu d'échange, d'apprentissage et d'ouverture sur le monde.IL EXISTE MILLE MANIÈRES DE MENTIR, MAIS UNE SEULE DE DIRE LA VÉRITÉ.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Derniers sujets
Marque-page social
Marque-page social reddit      

Conservez et partagez l'adresse de MONDE-HISTOIRE-CULTURE GÉNÉRALE sur votre site de social bookmarking
QUOI DE NEUF SUR NOTRE PLANETE
LA FRANCE NON RECONNAISSANTE
Ephémerides
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Ordinateur portable ASUS Chromebook Vibe CX34 Flip
399 € 649 €
Voir le deal

GREAT GOATS

AuteurMessage
Tite Prout
Maître de Cérémonie du forum
Tite Prout

GREAT GOATS Empty
MessageGREAT GOATS

GREAT GOATS

God bless you! We really like your web site, and appreciate all you’re doing to educate folks about nutrition, especially the benefits of raw goat’s milk. We raise Oberhasli dairy goats, and practically live on the raw milk. It’s so tasty, and so healthy, we have people standing in line to get some.

Since we started raising goats about three years ago, we haven’t even had a cold. And that’s saying a lot, since my job takes me into the public schools almost daily.

Many people are aware that the positive enzymes and bacteria that are present in the raw milk are terrific for the digestive system. However the goat milk, unlike cow’s milk, also contains a small amount of colostrum in the milk throughout the entire lactation of the animal, not just when they first have kids. I believe that this really strengthens one’s immune system.

Recently, my wife’s cousin had to undergo a “stomach reduction” surgery. She was extremely overweight and diabetic. She’s lost a lot of weight since the operation, and is doing much better. However, she has suffered from constant diarrhea, stomach and digestive problems. The doctors had her on numerous prescriptions, and none worked. At the family picnic on July 4th, we noticed she was walking around with a copy of The Maker’s Diet. We, of course, had already read the book. In fact, The Maker’s Diet folks sent us a dozen free copies that we’ve been handing out to people in our area. We let her try some of our raw goat’s milk and she really liked it. In fact, she’s become a regular raw goat milk drinker, and gets a gallon a week from us now. From the very moment that she first drank the raw goat’s milk that day, all of her digestive problems ceased, and she said she felt 100 percent better! Isn’t it always something simple? We just wanted to share this with you folks!

As it says in Proverbs 27:27: And thou shalt have goats’ milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

George Roberts
Salem, Missouri
CHANGES IN EUROPE

I have just returned from a “holiday” in Western Europe and the UK and have some interesting observations to reveal.

I had been following your diet for health recovery and noted that my nails were growing at an increased rate. However, after being away for about three weeks and living on hotel and restaurant food (not very healthy) all this growing totally stagnated.

I had taken a number of supplements away with me expecting to be able to top up at a health food store but saw none whatsoever in Europe (Belgium, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria and Italy). And when we got to England, the very few stores I did find were quite expensive. Boots Pharmacies carried some lines at slightly cheaper prices but it was obvious that the contents were far from natural. Some co-enzyme Q10 I needed contained soy oil and partially hydrogenated vegetable oil.

All the milk available for purchase or supplied in the food outlets was packaged and tasted like UHT. Ninety-eight percent of all the bread was white and the packages that were in stores showed that it all contained soy flour and vegetable oils.

The most disconcerting observation, however, was in Italy. We know how the Italians love their extra virgin olive oil, but where there had once been olive orchards, they were totally gone and replaced by hundreds of thousands of acres of sunflowers.

It really appears, to me, that the Europeans are, without their knowledge, part of a big experiment in reducing life spans. I have been back in Australia for just three weeks and back to healthy eating. My energy levels are returning and my nails are away again. One could truly say, this is the proof of healthy eating. Thanks for the work you all do in encouraging us all to eat healthy!

John Appleton
Sunnybank, Queensland, Australia
ZERO TRANS FATS

This “0% trans fat” jazz is starting to pop up in the health food stores. Sunflower Bakery in California listed “no trans fat vegetable shortening” in their ingredient list, and when I called them, they said it wasn’t palm oil, so guess what, it’s probably that Crisco again.

I called Crisco today and was told that the Institute for Shortening and Edible Oils has stated that fully hydrogenated
oils have no trans fats and was referred to www.iseo.org, but couldn’t find anything there on fully hydrogenated
oils. What are Dr. Enig’s thoughts on this?

I thank Dr. Enig and your organization for your research and for disseminating the important information you do. If you will let me know your findings, I’ll post them on the Internet forum I frequent, where I frequently also refer to www.westonaprice.org!

Helena Foutz
Huntington Beach, California

When oils are fully hydrogenated, saturated fats are formed, the very saturated fats that the industry has demonized for so many years!
EGGS AND CHEMICALS

I read with great interest about problems with bleach (by Lori Kunkel, Spring 2005). Good sleuthing! I would like to add that bleach is not needed to condition drinking water. Most cities in Europe use hydrogen peroxide—no toxicity, no stench.

While helping a child with an apparent allergy to eggs, I learned to my dismay that even organic eggs are washed with either detergents or bleach prior to marketing
. (Sometimes, the egg is then coated with mineral oil because washing destroys the natural protective coating that keeps the egg fresh.) This practice, which is banned in some other countries, introduces noxious chemicals through the porous shell into the egg, and may, if the washing is not done exactly right, push in salmonella bacteria as well. The child in question, who reacted to eggs with a rash, showed no reaction to unwashed eggs obtained from a neighbor.

Egg washing is a purely cosmetic procedure, and there are some family farmers who are trying to teach their customers about buying unwashed eggs. A smudge on an egg can be removed by sandpaper. But I think it would be in the interest of health if we all learned to tolerate a smudge here and there. After all, better a smudge on the shell than a chemical brew inside!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Partager cet article sur : reddit

GREAT GOATS :: Commentaires

Tite Prout
Re: GREAT GOATS
Message Lun 22 Mai - 17:12 par Tite Prout
Vera Bradova
Chester, New York
CANTHAXANTHIN

Are you familiar with the late medical detective writer Berton Roueché? If not, I’ll briefly say he wrote riveting pieces for the New Yorker magazine for 50 years, since the ’40s, and I got addicted to them some time ago. I recently read a collection that had a few articles I’d never seen before, and just finished a piece on canthaxanthin causing fatal aplastic anemia in a young woman who took tanning pills for two weeks which contained canthaxanthin. The chilling part of the piece (written not long ago in 1991) was learning that synthetic canthaxanthin
is approved by FDA for use not only in feeding farmed salmon and trout (the only use I’d been aware of up until now), but for feeding commercial chickens to give their skin the expected yellow color, and to color their yolks. It’s also approved for coloring commercial butter and cheese and does not have to appear on the label, nor does it appear on labels for pasta sauce, barbecue sauce, ketchup and products used by the pizza industry to give tomato products a rich, red hue.

Canthaxanthin is a carotenoid, but unlike beta-carotene, for example, is not converted into vitamin A in the body, nor is it easily oxidized and eliminated. It is fat-soluble and colors not only the skin, but also the lungs, liver, bone marrow and blood, and a pregnant woman’s fetus. Of course FDA has a “safe” level for daily ingestion of canthaxanthin, and considers the tanning pills illegal, but several of the doctors interviewed for the article I read mused that many people could be showing sub-clinical signs of blood and bone disease because of accumulated exposure (the body takes a long time to excrete this chemical).

A quick search on google showed me that canthaxanthin for sun-less tanning is still available (under names like PhytoBronz) and I found several industry sites for selling to poultry growers,
including for ducks (pâté de foie chemique!). Well, if you needed even more evidence to steer people away from factory “food,” here’s some!

Katherine Czapp
Ann Arbor, Michigan
OPERATIC VOICES

I have just received my copy of Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Dr. Weston A. Price. I went through all the photos, the general outlay of the book, and chills went up my spine at several intervals. All I can say is if modern civilization keeps up with this unnatural and un-God-like way of eating,
it is doomed. The human race faces a crisis of disastrous proportions.

Yet—theoretically, mind you—you wonder whether there’s a conspiracy. If we all ate right, then dentists, doctors
and insurance companies would go broke. There wouldn’t be enough people to keep them all “gainfully employed.”

I won’t be able to think of food and its effects on people the same way ever again. I will never be able to see the faces of people without studying them closely, because I see “disturbances” of nature so rampant these days, it has become almost commonplace.

I am an opera critic and vocal consultant. One of the things I’ve become aware of in the last 40 years is how voices have changed. Specifically, how small and insignificant operatic voices have become. One of the hallmarks of an opera singer is to be able to project the tone without a microphone. Recordings exist since before 1900 and there are numerous documents left behind. It has been a perplexing mystery to some, why the singers of the last 40 years have sounded so underpowered, with miniscule, unimportant voices. One theory offered by a man versed in physiology in his book is that the largest voices of the past seemed to belong to robust (not fat) bodies. And, most importantly, big heads, big teeth, big jaws, noses and nasal cavities. It was said of Caruso that one could have shot an apple into his mouth while he was singing.

I have a pictorial history of singers dating back a hundred years and just about all of them have superb embouchures, sturdy bodies and wide faces—the bigger and wider a face, the denser, fuller the resonating cavities. Think of a violin versus a cello or a bass. These singers often came from rustic, traditional small towns of Europe and farming communities. The majority of singers who are active these days have small voices, small heads, small jaws and are really kind of nondescript. Very few have the kind of fantastic physical structures of the old singers. If Dr. Price’s findings can be applied here, then it would provide a compelling reason for why singers just don’t have the same kind of inborn physiology as their predecessors.

Niel Rishoi
Ann Arbor, Michigan
SOY SUGGESTION

Enclosed is my Soy Alert! donation. Just one suggestion, please be sensitive to those young people who choose soy as a way to boycott the cruelty of the industrial animal agriculture system. (I was one of them.) I personally cared more for the animals than for my personal health, though I did believe soy to be healthy.

Perhaps a way could be found to reach these kids and suggest water as an alternative. I now can see that the animal rights and vegetarian organizations, although perhaps originating from a place of compassion, are also promoting a form of heavy propaganda. I wound up feeling incredibly guilty (as an environmentalist, too) about all my lifestyle choices. Empowering kids rather than just shutting down the one option they feel they have (soy) would prove more fruitful. It will be a long journey.

Kathy Zimmerman
Berkeley, California

It is sad but true that the soy industry has capitalized on the fine intentions of our young people. We hope that we are offering plenty of opportunities to institute changes through our chapter system. Campaigning for real milk is one excellent alternative. And rather than water, we’d suggest getting involved in the definitely alternative activity of making
homemade sodas.
BROCHURE IDEAS

Thanks for sending your brochures (on soy, milk and cancer). I give them out to individuals wherever I shop or eat—to waitresses, sales clerks, etc. I also include one or two in my bill payment envelopes.

Lynn Maust
Bedford, Pennsylvania
CANDY TOOTHBRUSH

I’ve seen a lot of bad sugar-delivery methods, including the liquid candy-filled baby bottle, but somehow the “candy toothbrush” I just saw at a store seems particularly outrageous.

The plastic hollow “toothbrush” has holes in the brush are where, judging by the cartoonish picture on the side, foamy candy bubbles out. So you can just coat your teeth directly with sugary foam. Geez.

Jill Nienhiser
Alexandria, Virginia
BREASTFEEDING

In response to Katie Singer’s comments on breastfeeding on demand (Wise Traditions, Spring 2005), I must say that I have successfully breastfed my children by nursing only five times a day and not during the night, except for the first three months. I never become fertile again until I drop to four or fewer feedings a day. Everyone is different, however, and some may be helped by nursing more often. However, with my lifestyle and sleep needs, I’m glad it worked for me to do it this way. We have six happy, healthy children.
Tite Prout
Message Lun 22 Mai - 17:13 par Tite Prout
Heather Holland
Portland, Oregon
FANTASTIC TEETH

We just got back from a vacation on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state. During it we spent 2 days at on Makah reservation that was very isolated up until maybe 50-60 years ago. It’s poor and the main industry is fishing so seafood is a primary part of their diet.

We were astounded at the number of older people with utterly fantastic teeth! They could have walked out of Weston Price’s book. Perfect faces with wide palates and beautiful teeth. The museum on the reservation said their traditional diet consisted of lots of fish, berries, elk, whale and occasionally seal. Lots of fat. I wish I had time to interview and record their stories of food. What a gold mine!

Lynn Razaitis
Clarkstown, Georgia
FORMULA QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
QUESTIONS AND OBSERVATIONS

I have some comments and questions on the cow’s milk formula. I have read the FAQ and as I’ve been using it for about 2 months and have learned the following through experimentation:

1. If the gelatin and lactose are not pre-dissolved into hot water, they never mix properly into the formula, even with the blender. Question: does this present any problem? I let it cool properly before adding to mixture. No, this presents no problem.
2. Regarding the nutritional yeast, one question was from a woman whose baby was gagging or spitting up on it. I had that problem because, as with the other dry ingredients, I was having problems getting wet and dry ingredients
to blend well. I began placing yeast, bifidum and acerola into a measuring cup and adding my oils to it, then blending. I then use part of the dissolved gelatin to blend this into a more flowable state and then add to mixture. My daughter’s spitting up improved dramatically with these adjustments.
3. I’m having a devil of a time keeping the milk from separating and curdling into a cheesy state when heating, regardless of how vigilant I am in heating. But if it’s too cool I definitely notice more spit up problems. The formula should only be warmed up to body temperature, no more. The addition of slightly more water to the formula may help the spit up problems.
4. I have a dear friend whose baby son had terrible eczema, which was immediately resolved with the introduction of raw goat’s milk.
5. We inadvertently doubled the gelatin recently and found that while the formula was much more gelatin-like in character (and a bit harder to warm up) my daughter’s stools appeared much less difficult for her to pass. Question:
Is there any detriment to adding extra gelatin if this helps her? What would be the limit guideline, if any? Our concern would be free glutamic acid, which is a component of gelatin. So keep the amount of gelatin as low as possible while still maintaining ease of passing stools.
6. Can I substitute Baby’s Jarrow-dophilus for bifidum infantis? It has half the bifidum, but also has five other beneficial
strains, is cheaper and quite readily available. Yes, this product is fine.
7. Lastly, she hated the liver formula. Is there anything I can substitute and still give her a broth-based formula as a periodic change from the milk formula? Every baby is different. Some babies just love the liver formula. The formula recipes should not be changed. There is no problem with always giving the milk formula.

Deverell Pederson
Laytonsville, Maryland

GOING EASY ON THE OILS.

I have had my last two children on this formula and I love it! My six sisters also use it for their children and so doeall our friends now that they’ve seen how healthy and big our babies grow to be so fast. I appreciate all the work you’ve done to bring this formula to us and our children. Thanks for everything!

With my latest baby, I discovered that by putting in half the amount of each of the oils except for the cod liver oil, my baby got along on it a lot better than my last baby did with all the oils in. I did try all the oils at first, but she kept spitting up and her stomach was upset. Now that she is six months old then she is taking the full oils easily.

Becca Keddington
Murray Utah
LACTATION TEA

I just finished reading the Wise Traditions Children’s Issue (Summer 2005), cover to cover—great as always. I’ve been an herbalist for 30 years and wanted to share our recipe for an excellent herbal tea for lactation:

2 part stinging nettle
1 part fennel seed
1 part blessed thistle
1 part dandelion leaf
1/2 part fenugreek

Use 1 teaspoon of dried herb blend per cup of boiling water. Steep 15 minutes. For a stronger infusion, use 4 teaspoons
herb blend to a quart of boiling water. Infuse overnight. The tea can be refrigerated for a couple of days. It’s OK to drink 1-4 cups a day.

These plants are all high in minerals, support adrenals, stimulate digestion, enrich milk and stimulate blood flow to the breasts. All but blessed thistle are nourishing foods. However, nettles lose their sting when pounded into a pesto and are delicious stir-fried in butter. Spring dandelion greens are good stir-fried in lard or in salads. Fennel, often used in bitters,
is a lovely licorice-tasting spice in rice.

Of course, the tea is not a substitute for eating all the nourishing foods you recommend for lactating women.

Thank you all for the amazing work you do.

Susan Smith
Dry Creek Herb Farm, Auburn, California
COLIC

Thank you for your Wise Traditions issue on Children’s Health—it is excellent. All new parents need to have this info. I will do my part to get it out.

As you know, homemade formula saved us and our little boy, Blue. We could literally turn colic on and off by giving and withholding the formula—a fact that not one pediatrician in one million knows or cares about.

Unfortunately, one of the most imminent dangers to newborns and children is pediatricians.

Bruce West
Monterey, California

Source: http://www.westonaprice.org/letters/L2005fa.html
Message  par Contenu sponsorisé

GREAT GOATS

Page 1 sur 1