MONDE-HISTOIRE-CULTURE GÉNÉRALE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
MONDE-HISTOIRE-CULTURE GÉNÉRALE

Vues Du Monde : ce Forum MONDE-HISTOIRE-CULTURE GÉNÉRALE est lieu d'échange, d'apprentissage et d'ouverture sur le monde.IL EXISTE MILLE MANIÈRES DE MENTIR, MAIS UNE SEULE DE DIRE LA VÉRITÉ.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Derniers sujets
Marque-page social
Marque-page social reddit      

Conservez et partagez l'adresse de MONDE-HISTOIRE-CULTURE GÉNÉRALE sur votre site de social bookmarking
QUOI DE NEUF SUR NOTRE PLANETE
LA FRANCE NON RECONNAISSANTE
Ephémerides
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

How Much Money Do I Need To Retire?

AuteurMessage
mihou
Rang: Administrateur
mihou

How Much Money Do I Need To Retire? Empty
MessageSujet: How Much Money Do I Need To Retire?   How Much Money Do I Need To Retire? EmptyDim 23 Jan - 17:40

Written by Tom Drake 7 Comments - Leave a comment!
Have you asked that same question, how much money do I need to retire? There are many factors, such as when you plan to retire and how much you would like to spend. Because of this, knowing what you need to retire in Canada is not a simple answer, but there are a few simple calculations that might help to give you an idea.

The 4% Rule

The 4% rule says that you can withdraw 4% from your portfolio in the first year. Then in future years you withdraw the same amount plus the adjustment for inflation. This allows you to decide if you have saved up enough money to cover your desired income level in retirement.

The Rule Of 20

The rule of 20 suggests that for every $1 of annual retirement income you would like, you’ll have to have $20 saved up. So if you’re looking for $20,000 over and above CPP and OAS, then you’ll want to have portfolio worth $400,000 by the time you retire.

The 10% Rule

While a little too simplified, the 10% rule tells us to save 10% of our gross income towards retirement. The idea being that it will give us a retirement income equal to what we’re used to now. My issue with this is the effect of this level of savings is dependent on what age someone starts saving towards retirement. The later you start, the higher percentage you might need to put away.

The Rule Of 72

You can find out how long it should take to double your money with the rule of 72. Fir this calculation, you divide 72 by your expected return. so a 5% return would take 14.4 years to double your money. Of course with this rule, you’ll need to have a realistic percentage you expect for a return, you can’t always expect double digits in every single year.

So, how much money do I need to retire?

Hopefully these retirement calculations will help you see what you’ll need to save to have the retirement you’re looking forward to. Keep in mind that a couple that have worked most of their adult lives and retired at 65 can expect CPP and OAS to pay as much as $30,000 a year. So work that into your numbers and you’ll likely be pretty pleased with how easy it can be to retire comfortably with just a little planning!

http://canadianfinanceblog.com/2011/01/17/how-much-money-do-i-need-to-retire.htm
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://vuesdumonde.forumactif.com/

Page 1 sur 1